There are free resources available to help you file your taxes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtual Tax Help
Do you have:
- a smartphone you can take and send photos with, or
- a computer with access to a scanner?
The Boston Tax Help Coalition has teamed up with GetYourRefund.org to provide remote tax preparation, assisted by certified VITA volunteers.
Before you get started, here is what you will need:
- Access to a smartphone or computer
- Photo ID
- Tax documents (click here for a list)
- Email address and phone number
How does it work? It’s easy! You will:
- Be asked a series of questions
- Upload tax documents
- Schedule a call with a certified IRS tax preparer to be finalized
- Submit your return
Don’t have a smartphone or a way to scan documents?
No problem! Some of Boston’s tax sites will also be open for scheduled drop-off, and other virtual services. Check out all the tax sites on our map, and click the link at a convenient location to get started.Check out the tax sites
Click the button below to see if you are eligible for our services Check if you qualify